Supporting the Celebration
A large-scale event needs ambitious support...
Northwest Reformation 500 is an ambitious grassroots event. This historic celebration, presented by Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest, depends on your enthusiasm and financial support from congregations and individuals like you from across the region.
The budget for such a large event is comparable to a trade conference or regional convention.
Here are some items we must fund for this event:
- Facility rental (Overlake Christian Church)
- Transportation (partial offset of vehicle rental fees) for multiple pickup sites
- Guest preacher (flight, honorarium)
- Light refreshments for up to 2,500+
- Sheet music for up to 100 Festival Choir singers
- Publicity (print, mail, web, email)
We want to be ready for attendance as high as 2500. That’s about 6 times more than the largest Lutheran church capacity in the area.
Northwest Reformation 500 will be a big event, but it will also be a no frills event. We're working hard to keep costs as low as possible.
For example, refreshments provided will be festive but simple, and our inspiring worship service will depend primarily on volunteer musicians, not hired singers or players. Our largest single expense is the venue, which provides us the space and the opportunity to gather from across the region for this once-in-a-lifetime celebration.
To illustrate with sample expenses: Your $50 donation is equivalent to the purchase of sheet music and supplies for approximately 5 Festival Choir singers; your $500 donation covers roughly 5% of our venue rental costs.
We need your support in order to make this history-making celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Reformation a success.
Partner with Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest to make a bold statement of the Gospel at Northwest Reformation 500.
When thousands gather with one voice for this once-in-a-lifetime celebration, the community will be strengthened in faith and energized for outreach... and our bold witness will be noticed by our neighbors.
Show your support for this extraordinary event: 500 years after the Reformation, it’s still all about Jesus.
To donate online: Click the button below to make your tax-deductible donation to Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest:
To donate by check: You may use your checking account to make an electronic withdrawal via the “Donate Here” button above, or mail a paper check to the address below. Please make paper checks payable to “Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest” (the event sponsor) and write “NW Reformation 500” in the memo line.
Lutheran Ministry Services Northwest
7040 36th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115-5998
As we work to meet our budget and to plan the event, we ask for your help:
- Pray that this historic event may glorify God, kindle the faith of those who attend, and help reach others with God’s forgiveness, life, and salvation through Jesus Christ.
- Prayerfully help us reach out to invite Lutherans, fellow Christians, and the unchurched across the region.
- Prayerfully consider helping us cover costs of the event through contributions and/or gifts in kind.